PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT APPLY TO THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE
1) TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
2) OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
- * By using our website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all Personal Information provided by you is accurate.
3) INFORMATION ABOUT US
- Website: the website is owned and operated by PhaseWorx Computer Services (“we”, “us”, “our”).
- Our contact details: click on Contact Us
- Email: email@example.com
4) CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
5) CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
- We may update our website from time to time and may change the Content at any time.
- Please note: The Content on our website is provided for general information purposes only and may be out of date at any given time. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Content on our site is accurate, complete, free from errors or omissions or up-to-date.
6) ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
- Access to our website is made available free of charge.
- Products or services available from our website: You will be able to view the prices for the products and/or services available from us free of charge, however, if you want to purchase anything you will have to register first – (see clause 7 below) (again no charge involved) and then the purchase shall be subject to our Terms of Supply;
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis.
- We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our website (including, but not limited to, the products and/or services available) without notice to you. We will not be liable to you if, for any reason, our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our website, including, but not limited to, mobile data and the costs associated with it. We do not guarantee that our website, or any portion thereof, will function on any particular hardware or devices. In addition, use of our website may be subject to malfunctions and delays inherent in the use of the Internet and electronic communications.
- Our site is directed to people residing in the Republic of South Africa. We do not represent that Content available on or through our site is appropriate or available in other locations. We may limit the availability of our website or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time. If you choose to access our site from outside the Republic of South Africa, you do so at your own risk and note that we will only process your personal information as per our local laws
7) YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
- You are responsible to protect and treat your password as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your password, you must promptly notify us by clicking here.
8) RIGHTS GRANTED TO YOU
- Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
9) PROHIBITED USES
You may not use our website or Content:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect (including but not limiting to harassment of third party service providers).
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (for example: Spam).
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, ransomware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software/system or hardware in our website or the Content used by us or any other Users of our website.
- to access, without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our website or the equipment or network on which the website is stored.
You may further not:
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices from any portion of our website;
- reproduce, copy (direct or in-direct), modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based upon, distribute, license, lease, sell, resell, transfer, publicly display, publicly perform, transmit, stream, broadcast or otherwise exploit our website (or any part thereof);
- decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble our website;
- cause or launch any programs or scripts for the purpose of scraping, mirroring, indexing, surveying, or otherwise data mining any portion of our website or unduly burdening or hindering the operation and/or functionality of any aspect of our website;
- frame our website or any part thereof;
- access or use our website or the Content through automated means, including through the use of robots, spiders, or offline readers(other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices – but not caches or archives – of our website or the Content and excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content); or
E-mail addresses, names, telephone numbers and fax numbers published on our website may not be incorporated into any database used for commercial purposes or electronic marketing or similar purposes. The presentation of such details is no “opt-in”/ permission from us to utilise same.
10) INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT
- We are the owner and/ or rightful licensee of all intellectual property rights (including but not limited to, concepts, know-how, data processing techniques, copyrights, patents, designs (including the website look and feel and lay out and photos), inventions, trademarks, tables and compilations of data which are created, invented and/ or developed, (registered or unregistered) in and on our website and Content.
- You may copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our website for your personal use and to determine whether you wish to acquire the products or services advertised on our website. You may draw the attention of others to content posted on our website or by sharing same via social networks or other means available.
- You must not modify the copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded from our website in any other way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text or claim that it is yours. Our status as the authors of Content on our website must always be acknowledged.
- in or related to our website except for the limited license granted under clause 8 above; or
- to use or reference in any manner our business names, service names, product names, logos, trademarks, designs or services marks or those of our licensors (registered or un-registered).
11) LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
- WE PROVIDE OUR WEBSITE TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS” AND ON AN “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR OTHER TERMS WHICH MAY APPLY TO OUR WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON IT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN ADDITION, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE TIMELINES, QUALITY, RELIABILITY, SUITABILITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF OUR WEBSITE OR ANY OF OUR SERVICES THROUGH THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE, OR THAT THE USE OF OUR WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU AGREE THAT IT IS WITHIN YOUR SOLE DISCRETION TO USE OUR WEBSITE AND THAT THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE REMAINS SOLELY WITH YOU, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW AND THAT YOU WILL INDEMNIFY US AGAINST ANY CLAIM, DEMAND, DAMAGE, COSTS, LOSS OR LIBILITY (INCL. REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES) RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OUR SITE.
- WE, OUR OWNERS, DIRECTORS (WHERE APPLICABLE), EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER OR HOWSOEVER CAUSED ARISING FROM THE ACCESS OR USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR THE PURCHASE OF ANY OF OUR OR ANY THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
- WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DEFAULT OR DELAY IN THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR SERVICES TO YOU IF AND TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH DEFAULT OR DELAY IS CAUSED BY ANY ACT OF GOD, WAR OR CIVIL DISTURBANCE, LABOUR UNREST, COURT ORDER, OR ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCE BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL INCLUDING FLUCTUATIONS IN COMMUNICATIONS OR UTILITY SERVICES (“FORCE MAJEURE”) AND PROVIDED WE ARE OBVIOUSLY WITHOUT FAULT IN CAUSING SUCH DEFAULT OR DELAY, AND SUCH DEFAULT OR DELAY COULD NOT HAVE BEEN PREVENTED BY THE US THROUGH THE USE OF ALTERNATIVE SOURCES, WORKAROUND PLANS OR OTHER MEANS.
- DIFFERENT LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY MAY APPLY TO LIABILTY ARISING AS ARESULT OF THE SUPPLY OF SERVICES BY US TO YOU, WHICH WILL BE SET OUT IN OUR SERVICE SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Although we are not obliged to provide security on our website, we feel it is important that your information, or any communication between us, is dealt with in the most secure manner reasonably possible. However, because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that your communications with us via our website are completely secure at all times.
- To provide adequate security to all our Users, and to monitor activities prohibited under section 86 of the ECT Act, you hereby agree to our right to intercept, monitor, block, read, delete or access all data sent to the website or any of our other communication facilities, for example, email, instant messaging or fax-to-email applications, subject to the conditions as set out under the RIC Act.
- It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are uploaded to our website. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from our website will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any such virus. Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using this website. Further, you agree not to upload or provide, via our website, any document or file that may contain a virus. You are required to virus check any document or file which you intend to upload or provide to our website.
13) LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists, or provide a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice to you.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with our Acceptable Use Policy.
14) CONTENT AND LINKS IN OUR WEBSITE
- Social networks: You agree that when accessing, using and/ or posting or uploading any content or materials of any kind to our social network pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other facility (e.g. YouTube) made available by us from time to time), You will”-
- – not use the social network page of communication facility in any improper or unlawful manner or in breach of any legislation or licence that applies to You;
- – not harass others or disclose personal information about others that could amount to harassment;
- – not submit, publish, post, upload, store, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, offensive, obscene, indecent, harmful, confidential, hateful, threatening or otherwise illegal or objectionable material or information;
- – not submit, post or upload files that contain software or other material the intellectual property rights in which are owned by any third party or which are protected by rights of privacy or publicity of any third party without having received all necessary consents;
- – not upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software or programs that may interfere with or damage the operation of the social network page or any other computer;
- – not impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself in any way;
- – not promote any activity that is illegal;
- – not use software to harvest information from the social media network page;
- – not submit any material which is prohibited by any applicable data protection or privacy legislation;
- – only upload or submit material to the social network page which either You own or which You have the permission of the owner of that material to submit; or
- – Social media is not a medium for conflict resolution or lodging complaints. Complaints should be send to [add specific complaint channel email address], which will be dealt with as per our Terms of Supply.
15) BREACH, SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- All costs, charges and expenses of whatsoever nature which may be incurred by us in enforcing our rights in terms hereof including, without limitation, legal costs on the scale as between an attorney and own client and collection commission, irrespective of whether any action has been instituted, shall be recoverable from you if the above rights are successfully enforced.
- No relaxation or indulgence, by either one of us to the other, shall constitute a waiver of the rights of that person and shall not preclude that person from exercising any rights which may have arisen in the past or which may arise in future.
16) CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
17) APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
18) ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION AND CONTACT
- Any Data Messages sent by us to you, shall be deemed to have been sent from the Premises.
- A Data Message is deemed to be sent:
- By us, at the time shown on such message, or if not so shown, at the time shown on our information system; and
- By you, at the time when we confirm receipt thereof.
- A Data Message is deemed to be received:
- By us, only when an authorized representative responds thereto (excluding an automated response). Such acknowledgement does not give legal effect to that message, unless specifically indicated by us that it does; and
- By you, once it enters your information system.
- Attribution of Data Messages – You agree and warrant that any Data Message sent, from any computer or device that is owned by you or programmed by you, to us was sent by you.
19) CONTACT US
- Website functionality or any other recommendations: Contact us by clicking here.
- Questions or queries about Services, Products and related services: Contact Us Complaints: We kindly request that you contact us first should you have any complaints or any other service or product related issues. It is important to us that you are satisfied with your purchases. You may use the contact PHASEWORX COMPUTER SERVICES information as per Contact Us. Please ask for a reference number if you speak to any of our representatives/ consultants. We will of course reply to your complaint as soon as practically possible but wish to note that we stand under no legal obligation to resolve such complaint.
- Legal Documentation or Notices (hopefully this will never be required):
- – Physical address: our Premises (clause 3 above);
- – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject: “LEGAL”);
- – Marked for the attention of: Managing Director.
- – If we are required to send you any legal documents or notices you agree that we can send it via electronic mail to your email address, or by written communication by way of registered post to your address or if delivery to the aforesaid addresses is not successful, then such contact details we may find about you on the Internet.
- – Any notice to you, or us, which is:
- sent by prepaid registered post in a correctly addressed envelope to the address specified for it under clause 3 above shall be deemed to have been received, unless the contrary is proven, within 10 (ten) days from the date on which it was posted;
- delivered by hand, shall be deemed to have been received on the day of delivery, provided that it has been delivered to a responsible person during ordinary business hours; or
- sent by a Data Message to the addressee shall be deemed to be received as per paragraph 18.3 above.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, a written notice actually received by you or us, including a notice sent by telefax, shall be an adequate notice to it notwithstanding that it was not sent or delivered to the chosen address.
20) TERMS OF SUPPLY
These are the terms and conditions (“Terms of Supply”) relevant to the Products we offer and supply. These Terms of Supply refer to the following additional terms which also apply to the offer and supply of the Products.
- No electronic signature is required to conclude the contract between us; the mere sending of a Data Messages or click on “I accept” “Register” or “Submit” or “Continue to Payment” demonstrates your acknowledgement and agreement to these Terms of Supply and the Product specific T&C’s (where applicable).
- By placing an order through our site, you warrant that you are 18 years of age and where you are under the age of 18 that you are using our site and placing your order with the consent of your legal guardian/parent;
- Product-specific T&C’s: Certain Products may have additional terms and conditions that will apply. The Product-specific T&C’s will be presented to you prior to submitting your offer and should be read with these Terms of Supply. Insofar as any term and condition in Product-specific T&C’s conflicts with these Terms of Supply in respect of:
- the description of the Products (including, but not limited to, pricing, specifications, return policy, delivery policy), the Product specific T&C’s shall prevail;
- any other matter, the Terms of Supply shall prevail.
- Product with pricing on our website is our invitation to you to do business;
- your order constitutes an offer by you to purchase Products from us.
- Our acceptance of your Purchase Order will take place at our Premises on receipt of your payment and when we email you confirmation of our acceptance, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us (“Commencement Date”).
- If we are unable to accept your order (even after receipt of your payment), we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the Product(s). This might be because the Product is out of stock, unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably foresee or plan for, an error in the price or description of the Product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline or performance date you have specified.
- Our Website and associated services are solely for the promotion and sale of our products in South Africa. Unfortunately, we do not accept orders where the delivery address is outside South Africa.
- PRODUCTS WARRANTIES
- This Agreement is subject to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and does not override or circumvent any rights you may have in terms of CPA;
- All Products sold on our website come with a supplier warranty, where a warranty is not offered, it will be stipulated during the purchasing process;
- From time to time we may, although we are not obligated to, offer extended warranties for three years.
- The availability of any extended warranties will be communicated on our website as well as at the Products eligible for the extended warranty. You will have to register on our website to be able to make use of the extended warranty.
- The terms governing such extended warranty will be communicated at the same time;
- By registering for the extended warranty, you agree to the extended warranty’s terms as presented to you at the time of purchase.
- YOUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- Before submission of your order: Prior to submission of your order you will be allowed to make changes to your selection of Products.
- After submission of the order: If you wish to amend your order please Contact Us as soon as possible. We will confirm whether the change requested is possible. Should it be possible, we will let you know of any changes to the price of the Product, the time of supply and delivery or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with such change.
- OUR RIGHTS TO MAKE CHANGES
- Minor changes to the Products – We may change the Products and specifications:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements
- More significant changes to the Products and these Terms of Supply (subsequent to the delivery of the Products or the Commencement Date):
In addition, as we informed you in the description of the Products on our Website, we may attend to make any changes to these Terms of Supply or the Products, but if we do so, we will notify you and you may then Contact Us to end the contract and receive a full refund before the changes take effect.
- Minor changes to the Products – We may change the Products and specifications:
- PICK UP OR DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS
- FREE OFFICE PICKUP
- Office Pickup lets you buy items online/telephonically/via Whatsapp and pick them up at our premises. You avoid delivery charges and you may be able to get your order faster.
- Some items may not be immediately available for pickup at our office, but we will send you an email when they are ready for collection.
- You can collect them from our Office at any time during our operating hours. If you’re unsure what our operating hours, you may Contact Us.
- Please remember to bring your printed order when you collect your purchases.
- The delivery cost of goods will be supplied to you during the quoting process.
- In most cases, items will be dispatched for delivery directly from our suppliers.
- Some suppliers do not charge a delivery cost (which will be extended to you), while others do, in which case it will be given to you during the quoting process.
- When we deliver, there will be a flat delivery fee of R195 for customers located within 50KM from our offices. Anything outside will be done on a per quote basis and may be sent via courier. Should you wish to use your own courier service, you may notify us and we will ensure that the purchase is correctly packaged and ready for your courier company to collect.
- The delivery costs may vary, depending on the delivery location in the RSA.
- In the event delivery cannot take place, for whatever reason, an email will be sent with a reason and to make further arrangements. Should a product no longer be available, you will be notified and alternative arrangements can be made.
- FREE OFFICE PICKUP
- Consumer shall have the same meaning attributed to it in terms of the CPA.
- Content means any information, content, images, video, audio, data, works of authorship, software and technology which may be displayed on, incorporated into, underlying, or used to operate our website;
- CPA means the Consumer Protection Act, Act 68 of 2008;
- Data Message shall have the same meaning attributed to it in terms of the ECT Act;
- ECT Act means the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, Act 25 of 2002;
- Personal Information shall have the same meaning attributed to it in terms of the POPI Act;
- POPI Act means the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013;
- * Products and Services means the products and services as reflected on our website and promoted via other sites of ours;
- RIC Act means the Regulation of Interception of Communication and Provision of Communication- Related Information Act, Act 70 of 2002;
- Users mean users of our website (including you!).
Last updated: 28/10/2019